This article describes how to create a backup in Sage 50 Canada.
Before starting with the pre-conversion checklist., create a new backup.
In case you are doing a backup before clean up - we advise you to give this backup the name PRE_CONVERSION.cab
In case you are doing a backup to upload to dataswitcher - we advise you to give this backup the name DS_CONVERSION.cab
To create a new backup in Sage 50 Canada follow these steps:
*taken from Sage 50 Canada article:
- Open your data file.
- Make sure you are logged into the company you wish to backup. If you have Sage 50 Premium or Quantum be in single user mode under sysadmin.
- Click on File, Backup. You can also click on the Backup icon (looks like a file cabinet) from the toolbar on the top of the Home screen.
- In the 'Sage 50 - Backup' window, enter the file name.
- Select the folder where you want to save the backup.
- Click OK to start the backup.
* Please DO NOT put the file location within the .SAJ folder as this is the folder that the software backs up.
* The last-used backup file path is saved and becomes the default for the next backup.
*Do not overwrite an existing backup unless you know for sure that is what you want to do.